How To Block A Follower On Twitter
Last Updated : Nov 19, 2021
IN - Twitter
In this article we will show you how to block a follower on twitter, Twitter is one of the most popular social media platform, It is used by millions of people but Twitter can be really frustrating at times, You may not like someoneâ€™s thoughts or political ideology, or maybe someone is harassing or bullying you.
You can avoid these unwanted interactions by simply blocking the user. The user will not know that you have blocked them until they visit your profile and investigate it themselves.
If they will try to follow you twitter will show them a message â€śYou have been blocked from following this account at the request of the userâ€ť
Letâ€™s see how blocking works on twitter
- The user you block on twitter will not be able to follow you or view your tweets.
- They cannot send your direct messages
- They cannot tag you in a photo or tweet
- They cannot view your followers and following
Note- If you are following the account you are blocking then it will be automatically removed from your followers and following. The blocked account can access your tweets if they wish to report you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Block A Follower On Twitter :-
- Unlock your phone and open the app tray of your device, Now click on the â€śTwitterâ€ť icon
- If you are not logged in to your account then enter your credentials and login. Once you logged in youâ€™ll enter the home feed.
Now the next thing you would need to do is to tap on the search icon which is a magnifying glass.
Now on the search bar, Enter the username of the account you want to block, Make sure you spell it correctly. Check in the search result for their username and tap on it. You can only find them on your followers list. On the top right corner of their profile you will see three vertical dots. After clicking on those dots a pop up list will appear in front of you
- On the pop-up list tap on the Block option. Once you will click on it Twitter will ask you for confirmation if you want to block them or not. Click on the Block option and that account will be successfully blocked.
If you wish to unblock them in future just search for their profile and on the top right youâ€™ll find a Blocked button in red color, tap on it and you will get the option to unblock them.
I hope this article on how to block a follower on twitter will be helpful and you can prevent yourself from engaging in unwanted conversations. The steps given here are very easy and simple. We are thrilled and filled with gratitude that you chose our platform to seek guidance!