How To Be Anonymous On Google Docs
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you how to be anonymous on google docs, Google Docs does not provide any built-in feature that makes the user anonymous while watching or editing a specific document.
However, this article explains a way around this limitation. Google uses the Google account information of your account in order to recognize you and display your profile icon among the list of editors.
There are no built-in features to hide your details however if you log out from your Google account then Google will not be able to get your profile details.
In case you also want to anonymously view and edit Google docs, this is the right article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Be Anonymous On Google Docs :-
- Open browser on your pc and click the three dots as shown in the picture given below.
- A drop-down list will appear on your screen with will show various options like new tab, new window, new incognito window, history, download, bookmark, zoom, print, cast, find, more tools, edit, settings, help, and exit.
Click the new incognito window. You can also use the shortcut key from the keyboard by pressing control + shift + n.
- After this, you need to first copy the document link you want to view as anonymous.
- Copy the link by selecting the text from the top field and pressing control + c.
Now in the new incognito window, you need to paste the link. To paste the link simply press control + v.
- Now the document will open as anonymously.
- Now again open your document in your browser without initiating an incognito window.
- An anonymous user can only edit the document if the owner gives the access. If the owner has selected the view option, then you won't be able to edit the document.
However, if the owner has selected the edit or comment option, then you can easily edit the document anonymously.
- As you can see in the picture given below, after granting the access of the commenter, document in list all the comment from the anonymous.
It also displays the anonymous frog icon at the right corner of the screen which shows that you comment that the document anonymously.
I hope this article on how to be anonymous on google docs helps you and in this article, we covered an essential guide and the steps above are quite detailed and easy to follow.