How To Be An Artist On Spotify
Last Updated : May 9, 2022
IN - Spotify
In this article we will show you how to be an artist on Spotify, gone are the days when artists who create magic with their talents had to struggle to find platforms to showcase their talent.
In today’s world of social media, the audience has become very accessible for creators and artists.
They help you by providing you with a platform where you can present your talent and work to the rest of the world.
There are several popular names who were discovered through social media platforms and made it big.
It is a great way for artists to reach out to the audience, understand them better and also increase their chances of being discovered by record labels, management agencies, etc. that could help them take their careers to the next level.
Spotify is a music streaming app that serves both- the consumers or subscribers and the artist community.
On one hand, it offers a wide collection of music from all over the world that you can enjoy with a single click and on the other hand, it acts as a platform for artists to showcase their talents and increase their reach.
In this article, we will see how you can be an artist on Spotify, the process is simple and quick, so let us get started just follow the steps as explained below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Be An Artist On Spotify :-
- In the year 2018, Spotify came up with a method and facility that allowed artists, both novice and professional to create and upload music directly to the platform, without any intermediaries.
- However, this decision was revoked by the company a year after, in 2019.
- Why this happened has no official reasons. However, presently, the way that you can become an artist on Spotify is through digital distributors.
- Digital distributors are basically platforms that help you spread your content and showcase on different streaming platforms like Spotify.
- Often, record labels work with such distributors and manage the reach of an artist on such platforms.
- The procedure is to begin with registering on the platform and signing up. The next thing you need to do is upload one album or a single in high quality, create a cover page and complete other formalities as to the title of the song, date of release, etc.
- Normally such platform charge a reasonable monthly fee for the services they provide.
- Once the system is established, you can upload your content for free in exchange of a fixed percent as commission (usually this ranges from between 10-15%).
This is how you can be an artist on Spotify. The process of being a visible artist on social media has become relatively easier, however, it comes with its own disadvantages and pressures.
Use these steps to put your magic out there on Spotify and enjoy and I hope this article on how to be an artist on Spotify helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.