How To Adjust Margins In Google Docs
Last Updated : Jan 21, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to adjust margins in google docs, in Google Docs you can easily set the margins with just a few clicks. Margins Can be defined as the empty column between the content of the document and the page edges.
The default margin offered by Google Docs is of one inch on both sides of the page but a user can easily change the margin at their own convenience.
In Google docs, the user has control regarding how they want their text to be displayed on the document or the printed page. In case you are also facing difficulty adjusting the market in Google Docs,
Step By Step Guide On How To Adjust Margins In Google Docs :-
- Open Google Docs on your PC.
- Make sure you are logged in to your account. In case I do not log you in to your account simply enter your valid email id along with your password.
- Select the specific document where you want to adjust margins in Google Docs.
- The menu bar of Google Docs comprises various tabs including file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, add-ons, and help.
- Click the file tab from the menu bar.
- The file Tab displays various options including share, new, open, Rename. Move. Add shortcuts to drive, publish to the web, document details, version history, make available offline, page setup, and other options.
Select page setup from the following options of the file tab.
- A page setup dialogue box will appear on your screen which comprises options for orientation, page size, page color, and margin.
Under the margin section, you can change each margin by simply tapping the box and entering a new measurement as per your convenience.
- The margins are displayed in inches in Google Docs. After entering the new measurement simply click ok placed at the bottom of the dialogue box.
In case you want to set the current measurement as the default margin you can also click the option of the set as default. It marked the default margins of Google docs up to one on each side of the page.
- After setting the margins it will Be active whenever you create a new document. This will affect none of the existing documents.
I hope this article on how to adjust margins in google docs helps you, in this article, we discussed a step-by-step guide using the page setup option.