How To Add Songs To Spotify Playlist From Computer
Last Updated : May 9, 2022
IN - Spotify
In this article we will show you how to add songs to Spotify playlist from computer, whether you want to spend a chilled out evening at home, need motivation to have a great work out session, or be travelling, no such experience is complete without the right music for the mood.
Spotify is a music streaming app that allows you to listen to your favorite music, anytime and anywhere you want. It also allows you to add local files to your account from your desktop or PC.
It is important to note here that you cannot add local files directly from your mobile phone and will require the desktop app for this. This helps you put together all your songs in one place.
In this article, we will see how you can add songs to Spotify playlist from your computer just follow the step by step guide below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Add Songs To Spotify Playlist From Computer :-
- Open your laptop or PC and open the Spotify desktop app or website.
- Log in using your credentials and you will reach the homepage of your account.
- Now, the next thing you need to do is make sure that the files or songs you want to add to your Spotify playlist are located in the Downloads folder or Music folder.
- In order to add tracks or songs to your Spotify playlist, you need to click on the downward arrow located next to the profile icon. This will open a drop-down list with several options.
- From the available options, click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- In the next step, you will need to go over to the ‘Local Files’ section. Under this, click on the slider next to it. As soon as you swipe it to the right, the icon will turn green.
- Now, you will be able to see the ‘Local Files’ icon displayed on the left side under ‘Your Library’ section.
- Now tap on the ‘Add a source’ icon. This will open a new window and you can add songs from the desktop.
- There will be several folders, click on the ones that you wish to add.
- These will now be displayed under the ‘Add a source’ icon.
- You can now go back to the homepage of your account, click on the Local files folder or playlist and access it.
- You can also access it on your mobile phone app by completing a few more steps. This is available for only premium membership holders.
This is how you can add songs from your computer to Spotify. This is a great feature as it makes the platform a one-stop shop for all the music that you enjoy.
I hope this article on how to add songs to Spotify playlist from computer helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.