How To Add Numbers In A Column In Excel
🕐 21 Feb 23
In this article we will show you the solution of how to add numbers in a column in excel, Excel is the most used worksheet application developed by Microsoft. It is a component of Microsoft Office product. Excel is mainly designed for Business Application.
It enables users to organize and calculate data as well as formatting in a spreadsheet.
Excel documents are called workbooks. Each workbook consists of sheets which are typically called Spreadsheets. Users can add as many sheets as they want in a workbook.
Microsoft Excel formula is an excellent feature for performing calculations such as addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
In addition to these, user can find out averages and calculate percentages for a range of cells, manipulate date and time values and also can do a lot more.
There are plenty of Excel formulas depending on what kind of operation an user want to perform, among them few most used formulas are Sum(row and column), Average, Count, Subtotal etc.
Microsoft Excel SUM function adds all numbers in a range of cells and return the accurate result. So basically SUM function adds value.
User can add individual values, cell references, cell ranges or mix all three. For example: =SUM(B1:B9) adds the values of B1 cell to B9 cell.
SUM function is very easy to perform. Now let’s learn how to perform SUM function for a selected column in few easy steps.
Step By Step Guide On How To Add Numbers In A Column In Excel :-
- At first select the cell next to numbers at the end of the Column you want sum.
- We want to calculate the total expenditure of January. So we have selected the B9 cell at the end of the column.
- Now you have to click AutoSum on the Home Tab.
- You can see the formula, appeared in the desired cell as well as in the header.
- Next you have to press Enter.
- Let’s repeat those steps one more time.
- To calculate the expenditure of February, we have selected C9 cell, the immediate next one.
- Now we have clicked on AutoSum from the home menu. The formula have appeared in C9 cell.
- Next we have to press enter to display the result.
- You can also use AutoSum in more than one cell at a time.
- For example, Select both cells B9 and C9 at a time.
- Next click on AutoSum and both result will appear on screen.
This Autosum function is really user friendly. It’s an inbuilt feature of Microsoft Excel to make large work consist of bulky numbers time efficient.
I hope this article on how to add numbers in a column in excel helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.