How To Add Local Files To Spotify Mobile
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to add local files to Spotify mobile, Spotify is a leading music streaming platform that allows you to stream music online, and even offline if you subscribe to its premium membership plans.
You can browse through its vast library and collections to hand-pick and curate your personal collection or playlists.
But it doesn’t end here, one of the biggest reasons behind the popularity and success of Spotify is how it has managed to provide dynamic services and features on a single platform.
Not only can you explore the library on Spotify, you can also add local files to your Spotify mobile phone app.
If you are someone who wants to do the same, we have a detailed explanation of the process and you will be done in no time just follow the steps as explained below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Add Local Files To Spotify Mobile :-
- Firstly, you will have to ensure that your laptop or PC and phone are connected to the same wi-fi connection. Secondly, you will need a premium membership for this process.
- You can’t add local files to your Spotify account directly from your mobile phone.
- What you can do is to start with opening your Spotify desktop app on your PC or laptop.
- Now, click on the downward arrow placed next to your profile icon at the top-right corner of the page. From the drop-down list, click on the ‘Settings’ icon. From here, click on the ‘Local files’ slider to enable it.
- You will now be able to see the ‘Local files’ icon option appear on the left under ‘Your Library’. You can add songs from the desired location on your desktop or PC by clicking on the ‘Add a source’ icon and choosing the songs.
- In the next step, you will need to create a playlist and add the songs you want from the ‘Local Files’ folder to the new playlist. To do this, right click the song and click on the ‘Add to Playlist’ and select the playlist.
- In the next step, open your Spotify app on your mobile phone.
- This will take you to the homepage of the app. Here, you will be able to see the recent titles played, liked songs, latest releases, daily mix-ups customized for you specially, etc.
- On the top right corner of the page, you will see the ‘Settings’ icon. Click on this.
- This will open the Settings panel before you. Here, you will be able to see several icons or options pertaining to different aspects of the account.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Local files’ icon to proceed ahead.
- Now all that is left for you to do is click on the slider located next to ‘Local files’ icon in order to enable it.
- Now go over to the desktop app, click on the slider next to ‘Downloaded’ of the playlist you created. You will now be able to see the playlist on the mobile app.
- To save them, open this on your mobile app and download the titles.
Now you can enjoy listening to these local files easily on your Spotify mobile app and I hope this article on how to add local files to Spotify mobile helps you.