How To Access Shared Folder In Windows 10
Last Updated : Oct 4, 2021
IN - Windows 10
In this article we will show you how to access shared folder in Windows 10, if you need to share files and folders with other users on your local network, you can do so by sharing them as a file server.
Here's how to set up shared folders for maximum convenience and functionality. These instructions apply to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, Education, Home Edition.
A shared folder whose contents may be accessed from several computers simultaneously via the network.
It is pretty straightforward to set up a shared folder. The sharing of folders is one of the main functions offered on each Windows PC version. You may share the folders on your network with other people. This function might be useful if you wish to exchange certain material with friends or coworkers like photographs, movies, etc.
Windows operating system is one of the most widely used operating systems used in personal computers, laptops, and even on servers.
It offers a number of services including file sharing, network printing, etc. with other devices that are connected to the same network.
Microsoft Windows 10 operating system is the best operating system that you are using. The Microsoft Windows 10 operating system comes with many new features. Windows 10 is an upgrade to Windows 8, but it's actually a fresh start.
This article will help you to access a shared folder in windows 10 easily.
Step By Step Guide On How To Access Shared Folder In Windows 10 :-
- Right-click the folder and then select properties.
- Click the security tab.
- In the lower right, click Advanced.
- Click on the Owner tab in the Advanced Security Settings window.
- Click Edit.
- Click other users or groups.
- On the lower left, click on Advanced option.
- Click on find.
- Scroll down to see the results and double-click on your current user account.
- Except for the initial Properties window, click OK in all other windows.
- Select the top of the list and click Edit. by selecting your user account.
- Check Full Control under Allow and/or as much control as you need, from the top-up list, and then in the window next.
- Click on Yes, you will receive a security alert.
- Open 'My computer'
- Click "Map Network Drive" in the toolbar.
- Then enter the name of your network drive and the folder name under the folder.
- Click Windows + R, type in the open box "services.msc," and press Enter.
- Right-click on the service "Windows Firewall" and choose Properties.
- Click the option "Startup type" and click on "Disabled".
- Click OK and share the printer again.
- Go to the control panel.
- Double click Network and Sharing Center.
- Turn on "Network discovery" and "File and printer sharing".
Now you know how to access shared folder in windows 10. If you want to know how to access shared folder in windows 10, follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope this article on how to access shared folder in Windows 10 helps you.