How Much Watch Time Required For YouTube Monetization
Last Updated : Jun 11, 2021
IN - Youtube
In this article we will show you how much watch time required for YouTube monetization, YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming platforms in todayâ€™s time a lot of people create content and upload on it.
Not just that people also earn money from these videos. If you are also one of those creators and want to know how to earn money by creating YouTube content, i.e., monetize your videos, we list down some simple stuff to know how.
In 2018, YouTube came up with stricter policies and rules regarding monetization of the videos on their platform.
Watch time basically means the amount of time your content is being watched on the platform globally.
YouTube has set a certain minimum limit (threshold) of watch time to make sure that creators must have engaging content for them to earn from that content.
In the below mentioned steps, you can easily get to know whether you meet the necessary threshold, in terms of watch time, to earn money from the videos that you upload on YouTube.
Step By Step Guide On How Much Watch Time Required For YouTube Monetization :-
- Open YouTube App website on any laptop/PC.
Click on the hamburger menu at the top left corner. As the menu opens; click on â€˜Your videosâ€™ option.
This will open up the YouTube Creator Studio which looks like this.
- On this page, you can see the menu on left pane of the page. Click on â€˜Analyticsâ€™.
Now your Channel Analytics are visible to you. On opening it shows you the number of views and its graph for the last 28 days.
- Here you can see â€˜Watch Time (hours)â€™ in the middle. Click on that. The visible watch time now is also for the past 28 days only.
- See towards the right corner of the menu just below â€˜Advanced Modeâ€™. You can see it is set at Last 28 days. Click on that and a drop-down menu appears.
In the drop-down menu, click on Last 365 Days. The graph will now change.
- See if the Watch Time (hours) is 4000 hours or above. It is also visible in the graph form.
- If the Watch Time is indeed 4000 hours or above, it means you are eligible for YouTube Partner Program and hence you can monetize your content. So, the videos you now post will help you earn money.
So, to monetize your content on YouTube, you need the watch time of at least 4000 hours in the time span of 365 days.
There are a few other requirements as well but in the terms of watch time you only require to follow the above-mentioned steps.
YouTube takes these steps to make sure that the creator keeps on delivering good content and if your watch time slips below, their videos can no longer be monetized. I hope this article on how much watch time required for YouTube monetization helps you.