How To Write Math Equations In Word
Last Updated : Dec 3, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to write math equations in word, in MS Word you can include various types of equations as it comprises various mathematical symbols and chemistry formulas.
You can insert a preset equation or can insert a mathematical equation manually in an MS Word document. In case you are searching for a solution in order to include a math equation manually or in preset form, this is the written article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Write Math Equations In Word :-
Inserting A Preset Equation
- Open the MS Word on your PC.
- Select the specific document where you want to insert a preset equation.
- Drag the cursor in the document where you want to include a preset equation.
- The MS Word Ribbon provides you with various options like file home, Insert, design, view, review, layout, mailings, and help.
- Click the Insert tab placed at the top of the MS Word toolbar.
- With the help of the insert tab in MS Word, you can include pages, tables, pictures, online pictures, shapes, comments, text, and symbols.
Look for the symbol section in the insert tab and click the Arrow placed next to the equations at the top right corner of the screen.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen where you can select various mathematical equations that are built-in MS Word. You can include common mathematical equations in your documents such as the area of a circle or the quadratic formula. You can also perform your own equation with the help of a library of maths symbols and structures.
The built-in equations in MS Word are- Area of the circle, binomial theorem, expansion of a sum, Fourier Series, Pythagorean theorem, Quadratic formula, Taylor expansion, trig identities 1, trig identity 2. 2
Select the type of preset mathematical equation from the drop-down list.
Inserting Equation Manually
- Again open the Word document.
- Click the Insert tab in the MS Word Ribbon placed at the top of the screen.
- look for the symbol section and click the equation drop-down icon placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- A new dialogue window will appear on your screen to show built-in equations and other options- insert a new equation at the bottom of the dialogue box.
Click the option insert a new equation.
A box will appear on the screen where you can type your mathematical equation manually.
- You can include various tools symbols fraction radical integral and other formatting options for your mathematical equation.
I hope this article on how to write math equations in word helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide on how you can write math equations manually in word or insert a preset equation. I hope this article solves your query.