How To Stop Dropbox From Syncing
Last Updated : Mar 21, 2022
IN - Dropbox
In this article we will show you how to stop dropbox from syncing, if you want to make modifications to your Dropbox files or folders and it will syncs those modifications between your desktop and anytime you access your files in Dropbox.
And you want to stop your Dropbox account from syncing your files to your computer, then you can pause syncing the files and can also resume syncing whenever you want.
Step By Step Guide On How To Stop Dropbox From Syncing :-
Method 1 - Stop syncing
Want to stop syncing your Dropbox files to your computer temporarily then just follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, click on the Dropbox icon in your desktop taskbar.
- Then, at the bottom of the window appears a bar with text that says Your files are up to date, Syncing [Filename], or Syncing [x] files.
- Just, hover your mouse cursor over that text.
When you hover over the text then Pause file sync option will appear on your screen.
- Then, just select that option.
After then, a message will pop-up on your screen that says Syncing paused until the syncing will resume.
Note: After stopping the sync, you will still receive the notifications of changes made to your Dropbox files, but the changes won't be successfully synced.
Method 2- Stop Syncing the selective folder
If you want to stop syncing any selective folder without deleting it from Dropbox or if you are thinking of deleting a synced folder from your computer while storing the previously-synced contents in your Dropbox account, then following steps will help you to stop syncing of any selective folder.
Open your Dropbox preferences
- And click on the Selective Sync settings.
In the Selective Sync settings, you will see the particular file which you don't want it to be synced will have a tick mark beside it.
- Just, remove the tickmark by clicking on the box which is just beside the file name.
- Now click on "Update"
- And then wait for sometime for Dropbox to get updated and to finish syncing.
- By doing this will stop the particular files from being synced.
- Now you can go and remove that particular file from your computer if you want.
Want to Resume syncing
To resume syncing your Dropbox files to your computer follow the steps given below.
- Select the Dropbox icon in your desktop taskbar.
- Then, hover your mouse cursor over Syncing paused until [x] that appears at the bottom of the window.
- Lastly, select the Resume sync option.
Finally this will resume syncing of the particular Dropbox file to your computer.
So, I hope this article on how to stop dropbox from syncing helps you and the steps given above also helps you to stop your Dropbox account from syncing just by following the steps.