How To Open Chat In Google Docs
Last Updated : Jan 25, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to open chat in google docs, the chat feature of Google docs only works if over one person is active in the document. A user can't have a chat with someone if they are not active or looking at the document currently.
In order to chat with someone through Google docs, first, it is important to share the document with them and they must be active at the same time.
Google Docs provides excellent features in order to collaborate on a specific document. The document created in Google Docs can be easily stored in online and offline mode.
It can also be shared with anyone and you can also give them access to your document at your own convenience.
The chat feature on Google Docs is great for the CO workers that are working over the same document as the messages can be easily sent or received within the Google docs this saves a lot of time and also makes the communication process easy.
Step By Step Guide On How To Open Chat In Google Docs :-
In order to use the chat feature first, you need to share the document with another user
- Open your document in google docs
- Make sure your log into your account.
Tap the share icon placed at the top right corner of the page.
- Share with people and a group dialogue box will appear on your screen.
Enter the email address to whom you want to share this specific document.
- Also, click the checkmark just beside notified people so that they can be active and you can have a chat in google docs.
- You can also write a message to others. However, the same message will be seen to everyone it includes whose email address is at the top.
You can also give access to the recipient of the document by clicking the drop-down arrow. Select the option from editor, viewer and commentator.
- Add over one email address to show the chat option.
- Now click send placed at the bottom of the dialogue box.
In order to start a chat conversation simply tap the show chat icon placed at the top right corner of google docs.
Now type your message in the text field placed at the bottom left corner of google docs.
- Simply press enter in order to send your message.
- Now all the active users will receive a notification and they have to tap on the chat icon in order to see the message.
I hope this article on how to open chat in google docs helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide.