How To Open A Zip File On Android
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you the solution of how to open a zip file on android, many of the Android smartphone has a file manager with inbuilt option to extract or open the zip file on Android.
Many of the Android Smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung, Xiaomi and others include and inbuilt File Manager with a customisation option.
In this article we will show you how you can open a Zip file on Android with the help of built-in File Manager of your Android device.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to open a Zip file on Android this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to open a Zip file on Android
Step By Step Guide On How To Open A Zip File On Android :-
- First, you need to make sure that you saved us zip file in the memory of your Android device.
- After saving the zip file in the file manager you just need to open the file manager on your Android device.
- In case you are not able to find the zip file you just simply need to click on the search icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the search bar type zip and you will see all the files with the zip format stored in your file manager.
- Now click on the specific file that you want to open on Android.
- Once you click on the file menu will appear with decompression option.
- It will show you one predefined option where it will ask you to extract files to another user defined location.
- Along with extracting files to another location you will also see various type of encoding format.
- To see all the type of encoding format for your zip file you just need to click on the downward Arrow place next to the auto format.
- A drop down menu will appear on your screen with various encoding formats such as auto, Big 5, GBK, Windows- 1250, IS0- 8859-1 and others.
- Now you need to select the location where you want to open a Zip file on your Android device.
- On the next screen it will show you various folder in your file manager.
- You need to select the specific folder where you need to extract or open a Zip file on your Android device.
- Below is a list of these folders in file manager you will see three options called extract, cancel and more.
- After selecting the folder simply click the option extract.
- Once the extraction is completed you will be able to see all the content of the zip file in the saved location on your Android device.
I hope this article on how to open a zip file on android helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.