How To Make Yourself Anonymous On Google Docs
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you how to make yourself anonymous on google docs, Cyber security and privacy maintenance is crucial while sharing data and personal information on the Internet.
Google docs is a text processing tool owned by Google and used by students and professionals all across the globe.
It has a wide variety of tools and features that allow you to make the documents more attractive, wholesome and interesting. It allows you to add images, links, tables, graphs, diagrams, charts, etc.
There are several reasons and occasions where one would want to hide their identity or simply be anonymous on Google docs, especially when the document is public or shared with multiple users.
Most often than not, these people can hover to your profile icon and picture to check out your name and other details. In several cases, this may pose a cyber and privacy threat.
If you have ever wondered how to be anonymous on Google docs, you are at the right place. Follow the step-by-step procedure and you will be done in just no time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make Yourself Anonymous On Google Docs :-
Go to the Google homepage or the Google docs app directly. On the top right corner of the homepage, you will be able to locate the ‘Grid’ icon. From here, choose the ‘Docs’ option.
- This will open a new window, here you can either open a blank document or a pre-existing one.
- Once you are on the Google docs page, you will be able to see a panel of headings at the top.
To the top-right side of the page, you will be able to locate the ‘Share’ icon with a blue background and a lock that depicts the current settings.
- As soon as you click on this icon, a new window will appear on your screen asking you to name the file before you share it. Enter a suitable name for the document in the text-field present and hit Enter.
- In the next page, copy the link of the document.
In the next step, click on the ‘Anyone with the link can view’ option from the drop-down list that opens up.
- Once you are done, share the document link anywhere and the other users will be able to access the document without knowing who created the document.
It is crucial at this point to note that your identity is hidden or anonymous only till the time you don’t allow others to edit the document and restrict their activity to viewing and commenting.
This is because as soon as you allow them to edit, they will be able to see who edited the file last, that could be you. I hope this article on how to make yourself anonymous on google docs helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.