How To Hide Chats On WhatsApp
Last Updated : Dec 6, 2022
IN - WhatsApp
In this article we will show you the solution of how to hide chats on WhatsApp, WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps which keeps on providing new update and feature for its user.
Some of the most used features of the WhatsApp application available for Android and iOS users is the archive chat. the archive features of WhatsApp help the users to hide specific chats from prying Eyes.
When you hide a chat in WhatsApp it is stored in the archive folder in which you need to manually open the chat and you also do not get any notification if you have received any message from the archive contact.
In case you're looking for a solution on how to hide chats on WhatsApp this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to hide chats on WhatsApp
Step By Step Guide On How To Hide Chats On WhatsApp :-
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- In case you do not have this application you need to install it from the Play Store.
- After installing WhatsApp successfully you need to enter your WhatsApp number and OTP for verification to proceed further.
- once you open the WhatsApp application on your Android device you will see three tabs placed at the top of the screen.
- These are called chat, status and calls.
- Below the chat you need to select the specific WhatsApp chat That you want to hide from the chat screen.
- Once you select the WhatsApp chat you simply need to tap the contact for a while.
- Once you hold the contact you will see 5 options placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- These options are called pin, delete, mute, archive and menu.
- Now in order to hide the selected chart from the Whatsapp main chat screen, you need to click on the archive icon placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- The archive icon is represented by a rectangular Box with a downward arrow.
- Once you click on this option it will inform that one chat archived at the bottom of the screen.
- Along with the chat archived successful option you also get the option of undo in case you select the wrong WhatsApp chat for archiving.
- Once you archive your WhatsApp chat you will no longer be able to get any of the messages from the WhatsApp contact.
- However, if you wish to see the messages from the WhatsApp chat then you need to open the archive folder on your WhatsApp.
- To open the archive folder you just simply need to click on the archived tab placed at the top of the chat tab screen.
- The archive folder also informs that these stats stay archived when you messages are received.
I hope this article on how to hide chats on WhatsApp helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.