How To Get Rid Of Anonymous On Google Docs
Last Updated : Jan 20, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to get rid of anonymous on google docs, when you change any shared Google Docs document other users can also easily go through your profile icon and can even access your document if it is public.
This can be a problem in case you are changing a public document as anyone can see your data and change it as per their own convenience When you share the link of a Google Docs document that is public and anonymous user can also see and edit it as for the access granted.
The best part is that you can also get rid of the anonymous user on Google Docs by just following some of the simple settings. in case you are also facing an issue to get rid of anonymous on Google Docs, this is the write article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Get Rid Of Anonymous On Google Docs :-
- Open Google Docs On Your PC.
- Make Sure You Are Logged In To Your Account.
- In Case You Are Not Logged In To Your Account Simply Enter Your Valid Email Id Along With Password.
- After Successfully Logging Into Your Account Open The Specific Document That You Want To Get Rid Of Anonymous Users.
Now Click On The Share Icon Which Is Placed At The Top Right Corner Of Your Google Docs Document.
- A Pop-Up Window Named Share With People And Groups Will Appear On Your Screen.
- It Will Also Display The Option Of Get Link.
- Click The Change Option - If The Link Is Set To Anyone In The Internet With The Link Can Edit.
If The Option Is Set To Anyone In The Internet With The Link Can Edit, This Is The Reason Anonymous Users Can Easily Edit Your Document Because Of The Public Access Granted.
Click The Drop-Down Box And Select The Restricted Option.
Also If You Want To Share This Specific Document With Only Your Contacts You Can Also Share It With The People And Groups By Entering Their Email ID.
- After Granting Access To Certain People And Groups And Changing The Link, It Will No Longer Allow Anonymous Users To See Your Documents Without Your Permission.
I hope this article on how to get rid of anonymous on google docs helps you and in this article, we covered a step-by-step guide by simply changing the share settings of the specific Google document. The steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.