How To Edit Background Graphics In PowerPoint
Last Updated : Jan 11, 2022
IN - Microsoft PowerPoint
In this article we will show you how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint, PowerPoint is one of the most widely used applications for presentations. It has several tools and options to aid you create splendid slides.
One of those options is to use background images and graphics. You don’t have to settle for normal and boring slides, especially when you can create unique ones.
In this article, we will see how you can edit background graphics in PowerPoint.
You can add background graphics on every slide in the presentation, or in certain slides. You can also add a watermark, which might be a company logo that you want to include on every slide.
Step By Step Guide On How To Edit Background Graphics In PowerPoint :-
Let us see how you can apply an image to all slides first
- Open the PowerPoint presentation in which you wish to edit the background graphics. Click on the ‘View’ tab from the ribbon at the top of the screen and this will open several options.
From here, click on the ‘Slide Master’ icon.
The next thing you need to do is choose ‘Format Background’ option.
Here, click on the ‘Background styles’ icon and then choose the ‘Format background’ icon.
Under the ‘Format Background’ panel, press the ‘Picture or Texture Fill’ icon in case you wish to add pictures or graphics from your device. Choose the picture you wish to add as the background, and then choose ‘Insert’ icon.
- If you wish to create a watermark effect, go to the ‘Format Background’ option, and swipe the ‘Transparency’ bar to the right to edit the percentage of opacity.
There are also ways that will help you apply an Image to only some specific slides. Let us see how-
The process for adding pictures to certain slides is a little different from the way of applying images to all slides.
- Click on the ‘Slide Master’ option from the ribbon at the top of the page under the ‘View’ tab.
- Now click the slide layout or layouts where you want to add pictures. The next thing you need to do is press down the shift key at the time of making selections in case you want to select multiple layouts.
- Now, go to ‘Background Styles’ in the ‘Slide Master’ tab. Then click ‘Format Background’ option. Here you can tap ‘Picture or Texture Fill’ to add a picture from your device.
- To proceed ahead, click on the ‘File’ icon under the ‘Insert Picture From’ button. In case your graphics or pictures are in the clipboard, tap on ‘Clipboard’. Then locate the image you want to add, and then press ‘Insert’.
- The image will apply as a background on all the selected slides.
This is how you can edit the background graphics to make your presentation fun, attractive and unique. I hope this article on how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint helps you.